| alber elbaz made my heart skip beats |

Thursday, October 29, 2015


Spring 2008



Spring 2009





Spring 2010

Fall 2011


 and from his final collection, Lanvin Spring 2016:



I think that anyone truly in love with fashion and it's history is having a bit of a difficult time right now wrapping their heads around the fact that one of the most prolific designers of beautifully and artfully made eveningwear has been pushed out of the storied house of Lanvin. 
I can only speak towards my personal infatuation with the house of Lanvin, of which I only know with Alber Elbaz at the helm. In my early days of realizing that fashion meant so much more to me than loving "clothes", I immersed myself in the research of fashion houses histories, looked into the designer's inspirations, their process of creating a collection and presenting it to the global press & buyers. I wanted to know everything about the designers, and in addition, I wanted to know all of the tastemakers & influencers whose opinions mattered on these subjects. Mr Elbaz was creating confections that made my heart go aflutter and allowed me to fall down the rabbit hole of glorious, all out glamour. Those that know me, know that my daywear it usually quite minimal, black, lvery much pared down. But for evening events nothing thrills me more than getting dressed to the nines in a fabulous party ensemble. Here I share some of the pieces from Mr. Elbaz's early collections for Lanvin that got me excited about fashion, being a woman and dreaming of one day being worthy of wearing a work of art like these.

| images via vogue.com |

No comments :