| the nineties |

Thursday, October 8, 2015

carolyn & jfk jr. | note her shoes: very gucci right now. 

liv having a James Dean moment

kate. knit. beret. cigarette. #PFW

sofia in my favorite combo: black & white

i have a thing with beanies & berets, clearly. love these saddle shoes too, remind me of my catholic school days.

the makeup was minimalist in the 90's, too. 

the black & white combo again; love an oversized black overcoat and white oxford shirt.

sofia & keanu; remind me to never cut my hair again. 

that black overcoat again. and black flats, always. 



nikes forever.

i could have just used this photo for the post; it is everything i ever want to wear, also everything i ever want my husband to wear. so classic and so new york.

a bit more polished.



being an 80’s baby, i spent my childhood growing up in the nineties and swooning over blossom & her velvet bucket hats and floral dresses worn with ankle boots and mini backpacks. i was too young to truly appreciate the fashion that was trending for a generation older than me but i feel so inspired by these styles today. while i love nothing more than an over-the-top full skirted dress with sequins, lace & floral embellishments for evening events (that’s a whole other post all together), my day-to-day fashion, especially in the fall & winter months encapsulates a minimalist, neutral toned uniform mixed with typical, new york preppy essentials. with fashion week having come to an end there’s so much to pour over before i set out my picks for favorite collections. in the meantime, i want to go ahead and share some of these iconic nineties styles, worn by the women of the 90’s. 

No comments :