Floral Arranging on a Rainy Monday

Monday, April 4, 2016







We woke up to a cold, rainy Monday, which is never fun after a sun-filled weekend. I often find it hard to get back on track when there are Mondays like this. One of my favorite ways to stay creative and inspired is to bring the outdoors inside and create handmade floral arrangements. Here are some of my favorite arrangements to replicate, which you can find on my Pinterest

I personally love going to my local bodega flower guy. He has the best deals in the neighborhood and I love to buy a few different types and arrange them in various vases throughout my home. I like to do this for gifts as well. I'll buy a few bouquets and mix and match. Recently for Easter,  I bought white and lavender tulip bouquets for my aunt who was hosting. I arranged them myself and wrapped them first in the clear cellophane wrap and then over that with taupe tissue paper and tied with a dark brown bow. It felt more personal than just bringing them wrapped in the standard florist paper. 

I also took on a mini potted plant project, my first planting experience inside the home. I used the seedlings from a candle that I bought- KOBO candles. Not only is the candle organic and 100% pure soy, but the packaging is environmentally friendly and recycled but is also filled with calendula seeds. I planted them 6 days ago and they just started to sprout over the weekend. I'll have to update with pictures once the flowers blossom. Here's hoping I have a successful green thumb. 

No comments :